Throughout the year, the staff offers a variety of clubs to students in grades 4 – 8. Clubs generally meet immediately following school once or twice a week.
The Chess Club is an opportunity for students in grades 4 to 8 to play chess on a weekly basis from February through March. Anyone who is interested in learning the game, improving their game or just to have fun playing are welcome.
The Chess Club meets once a week for 7 weeks and ends in March with a tournament. Trophies are awarded to the top 3 players and the winners in each age category.
The Tech Club meets weekly after school. This group is engaged in a variety of technology challenges from building “robots” to solving computer problems. It is open to students in grades 6 through 8.
The Climbing Club allow students the opportunity to learn how to do rock climbing and compete in local climbing competitions. Students meet once a week at EvoRock & Fitness in the Fall from late September to mid-December. Student members will have the opportunity to compete in three event for the school league. This is not sponsored by SJRS, however, the school supports student involvement.
- Open to Co-Ed climbers of any experience level in Grades 5 – 8
- Practice Wednesday 3pm – 5pm
- EvoRock + Fitness, Langdon St, Concord, NH
- Cost: $150 (includes Youth Membership, instruction, and all climbing gear during the School League)
To register, please contact Liz Muller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (603) 369-8914
MathCounts is a national middle school coaching and competitive mathematics program that promotes mathematics achievement through a series of fun and engaging bee style contests. MathCounts is ideal for students who have a passion for math and problem solving.
- Students in grades 6 – 8 are eligible to join.
- Team meets once a week after school from September through February. Team meets two times a week as it gets closer to competition.
- Chapter competitions can be held February 1st – 28th.
Please contact Mrs. Henley with any questions.
The Drama Program provides students the opportunity to participate in an annual performance that is professionally produced at a local theater.