Throughout the year, the staff offers a variety of clubs to students in grades 4 – 8. Clubs generally meet immediately following school once or twice a week.
The Chess Club is an opportunity for students in grades 4 to 8 to play chess on a weekly basis from September through December. Anyone who is interested in learning the game, improving their game or just to have fun playing are welcome.
The Chess Club meets once a week in the Fall and ends in December with a tournament. Trophies are awarded to the top 3 players and the winners in each age category.
The Tech Club meets weekly after school. This group is engaged in a variety of technology challenges from building “robots” to solving computer problems. It is open to students in grades six through 8.
The Climbing Club allow students the opportunity to learn how to do rock climbing and compete in local climbing competitions. Students meet once a week at EvoRock & Fitness in the Fall from late September to mid-December. Student members will have the opportunity to compete in three event for the school league. This is not sponsored by SJRS, however, the school supports student involvement.
- Open to Co-Ed climbers of any experience level in Grades 5 – 8
- Practice Wednesday 3pm – 5pm
- EvoRock + Fitness, Langdon St, Concord, NH
- Weekend Events for 2017 – 10/21, 11/18, 12/16
- Cost: $150 (includes Youth Membership, instruction, and all climbing gear during the School League)
To register, please contact Liz Muller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (603) 369-8914
MathCounts is a national middle school coaching and competitive mathematics program that promotes mathematics achievement through a series of fun and engaging bee style contests. MathCounts is ideal for students who have a passion for math and problem solving.
- Students in grades 6 – 8 are eligible to join.
- Team meets once a week after school from September through February. Team meets two times a week as it gets closer to competition.
- Chapter competitions can be held February 1st – 28th, 2017.
Please contact Mrs. Henley with any questions.
The Drama Program provides students the opportunity to participate in an annual performance that is professionally produced at a local theater.