Welcome to St. John Regional School!
Founded in 1888, St. John Regional School is a private, Catholic elementary school serving students from pre-kindergarten through grade 8.
We provide a Catholic education with high academic and moral standards. Our motto, “Fides, Caritas, Veritas,” translates from Latin to “Faith, Charity, Truth” and contains the values we work to instill in our students.
Generation after generation, our goal is to develop students in a Faith-filled community into responsible citizens, with a strong academic foundation and a passion for learning.
A St. John Regional Education Means...
St. John Regional School offers a rigorous curriculum using continually updated textbooks and materials. We provide our students with a strong foundation in the following areas:
Art – Each student is challenged to his or her potential with our artists frequently recognized in the community and on the state level.
Computer Technology – We put computers into the hands of our students to support the various academic disciplines.
Math – Our Math program focuses on student success through incremental development and continued review emphasizing both concepts and basic operations. Our eighth graders all pursue Algebra.
Music – Students learn the fundamentals of music and produce several concerts during the year.
Physical Education – Students experience a variety of physical activities and learn how to work as members of a team.
Public Speaking – Each student is challenged to express his or her ideas in front of others, both in small groups and large groups.
Reading – Our students develop through early and comprehensive phonics instruction, with upper grades emphasizing a mastery of in-depth understanding and use of literary genres.
Religion – We provide a firm foundation in the Catholic Faith in terms of knowledge and spiritual experiences.
Science – Each student learns the fundamentals of Science with hands-on experiments, microscopes & field trips.
Social Studies – We emphasize on a better understanding of world cultures and a fuller realization of American History and Government.
Spanish – Beginning in kindergarten and culminating in substantial classwork for our sixth through eighth graders the goal is for student to master the basics of the language as speakers, listeners, readers and writers.
Vocabulary – We utilize the Sadlier program to expand our students word power, incrementally.
Our teachers foster intellectual and spiritual growth to help students discover his or her unique talents. They strive to nurture intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning. Qualifications include the following:
- State certified
- Experienced and degreed staff, many with masters degree(s)
- Teachers participate in ongoing professional development and continuing education
The goal of a Catholic education is to help children mature into moral and caring people of God. Students are encouraged to recognize the presence of Christ in themselves and others. Not all of our students are Catholic, but all share experiences of faith and values. At St. John’s, we offer:
- Daily prayer and religion class
- Community service both in and out of school
- School Masses and prayer services
- Rules of behavior that produce quiet classrooms conducive to learning the basis of the Christian principle of respecting each and every individual
Here at St. John’s, we encourage an extraordinary level of volunteer involvement. Our parents work together to create a strong school community where lifetime friendships are forged:
- We welcome families and students from the Concord Community and surrounding areas.
- We have a vibrant PTO that organizes many social functions each year, and also funds enrichment activities such as visiting artists.
- Our School Advisory Board helps set the direction for the future.
- Our teachers expect every student to maximize his or her academic potential, and to develop a strong moral character.
- All students are expected to accept responsibility for their actions, to respect others and to make good decisions.
- Students who attend Catholic schools through high school have a graduation rate of 99%; 97% go on to college.
- Our students exhibit consistently high test scores on the Terra Nova testing.
- We focus on teaching effective oral and written communication skills.
St. John’s gave me a solid foundation for my future education and an environment that supported my values. I also learned to square dance better than the average public school student.
St. John Regional School helped make me the person I am today. When it came time for my son Matthew to attend school, the only choice for me was St. John. Matthew ‘06 has just entered high school and is successful thanks to the solid education and values he received from St. John Regional School.
St. John’s taught me that I am a person who has a purpose in life and a reason for living. I learned that everyone has a purpose.
We are very grateful for the opportunity our child had in attending all nine years of St. John Regional School, especially for the sense of community that it gave us. To be surrounded by a host of caring and concerned parents is truly a blessing!
SJRS means so much to me. It was the first school that made me feel like family.